Notice of Potential Scam!
We have gotten reports from owners that they have been contacted by somebody claiming to be with “Festiva” which “owns the Resort”. This person is offering to sell “Rental Protection” to our owners. Owners are asked to send $1,195. In return for that payment, the owners’ week as well as two additional “getaway weeks” will be rented in the owners’ name. The proceeds from the rental of the 3 weeks (totaling $13,000) will then be paid to the owner.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If we could turn a maintenance fee plus $1,195 into $13,000 we’d all be rich.
You own this Resort; not Festiva nor any other developer. We do not believe the people contacting our owners with this offer are actually associated with Festiva. We don’t know who they are. We don’t know anything about “getaway weeks,” nobody gets 3 weeks for 1 maintenance fee. These people do not represent us. We did not sell or give anybody your phone numbers.
There are lots of scams out there. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
|2018 (Same as 2019)||Annual Owners||Biennial Owners|
2019 Maintenance Fee Season.
September 19, 2018
The 2019 Maintenance fee assessment was adopted in August and invoices have been sent to all owners. There was no maintenance fee increase for this year. The 2019 Maintenance Fees are $826.35 USD for annual owners and $413.17 USD for biennial owners.
As with all prior years, the invoice is not due until January 1, 2019, but our intent to to provide owners with as much notice of the amount payable as possible. Also, many owners seek to take advantage of the opportunity to confirm their 2019 reservations early and to confirm their airline tickets while advance booking discounts still apply.
Owners seeking to take advantage of the early deposit bonuses offered by Interval International or other exchange providers are welcome to pay early and request their confirmation numbers immediately. The resort staff is aware of the current offers and are processing reservation requests as quickly as possible. If you are seeking to participate in one of the bonus programs, please be sure to read the fine print of their offer carefully. In most cases the exchange companies have conditions and limitations on their offers and owners need specific dates reserved to participate. Also, please be sure you understand the bonus you will receive. Our owners association has no control over the offers made by the exchange companies and we can not fix any misunderstanding that occur between owners and their exchange provider.
When you are ready to pay your fees, you can do so online at FantasyWorldPayments.com. Payments are processed through PayPal, but owners do not need to have a PayPal account to pay. There is an option to simply pay with a major credit card.
We recommend owners make their reservation request immediately after making their payment. Request your reservation at FantasyWorldReservations.com. When making your reservation request, please remember the following:
1. Reservations are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. Owners who request early get the pick of the best weeks in their season of ownership. Owners who request late must choose for the weeks which remain after other owners made their selections. It pays to request early.
2. Everyone must select specific dates. Owners who plan to deposit their reservation with an exchange provider are depositing a specific reservation at our resort. Choosing the most valuable week available within your season of ownership will improve the value of the exchange you can negotiate for with your exchange provider.
Owners are welcome to mail a check if they prefer not to use a credit card. Please write your owner number on the check. The mailing address is:
Vacation Villas at FantasyWorld
5005 Kyngs Heath Road
Kissimmee, Florida 34746
Anyone needing the breakdown of maintenance fee expenses for tax purposes should know that the annual owners fee of $826.35 includes: Operating Fee $609.68, Reserve Fee $134.33, and Property Taxes $82.34. The biennial owners fee of $413.17 includes: Operating Fee 304.84, Reserve Fee $67.16, and Property Taxes of $41.17.
Jeff Weinland, President
Vacation Villas at FantasyWorld Timeshare Owners Association Inc.
5005 Kyng’s Heath Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Questions? Feel free to ask. Reservation Request? Please follow the link above.
2018 UPGRADES, RENOVATIONS AND PROPERTY ENHANCEMENTS
2018 has been a year of multiple projects and expenditures to enhance the Resort for our Owners. The year began with a redo of our 10 poolside cabanas. The improvements have received rave reviews from all that have enjoyed the comfort, privacy and shade they provide.
In January our Maintenance team began putting our Putt-Putt mini golf course back together. Hurricane Irma literally floated pieces of the course into areas where they didn’t belong, including the lake that adjoins our Resort. Within a few weeks all 18 holes were restored, refreshed and back in operation.
Also, in January crews began our “Courtyard Enhancement” project and this will be completed during the month of August. New paint was applied to all surfaces needing it due to fading or peeling. All the picnic tables were completely refinished, and 10 new charcoal grills added. Townhouse tile roofs were cleaned or replaced. The cost for the enhancement project will finish at $124,000.00. With the 60 roofs currently being replaced the total will be 146, approximately 50% of the Resort at a cost totaling $898,800.00
The kids splash pad received an all new rubberized deck surface right after the 1st of the year at a cost of $15,000.00 and the slides needed fresh paint which was applied during early spring. Many of our Owners have commented how great both areas now appear. In late August the lap pool in Phase II will be drained and receive a fresh coat of Marcite finish plus new led lights and tile lane markers. Beginning on September 10th the Lazy River will be closed for approximately one month and the Marcite surfaces will undergo the same process as the lap pool. The cost for these 2 projects is budgeted at $150,000.00.
During April all the Wayfinding signage throughout the Resort was upgraded to reflect a more modern and cleaner appearance. Additional directional displays were also added off Hart and Kyngs Heath Roads making it much easier for Owners and emergency vehicles to locate units.
On unit renovation an additional 20 townhouses will begin immediately after Labor Day bringing the total completed since last fall to 67, an investment of 2.5 million dollars.
What All Owners Should Know About Reservations
- All reservations are confirmed on a first come / first served basis.
- The timeshare owns 205 townhomes.
- The maintenance fee associated with the owner usage must be paid before a reservation can be confirmed.
- Owners may pay an amount equal to the prior years maintenance fee if they want to confirm a reservation before the amount of the maintenance fee is established for the year (late summer or early fall; at the annual meeting). Any difference will be bill when the final amounts are established.
- The first 205 eligible deed owners who request any specific week are assigned a reservation.
- The 206th and all subsequent owners who request a week will be asked for an alternate selection.
- Owners are eligible if they are requesting a reservation within their season of ownership (owners of Platinum deeds requesting Platinum season weeks, or owners of Gold deeds requesting Gold season weeks).
- Owners may request out-of-season reservations 45-days prior to the planned arrival (Gold Owners pay a $175 upgrade fee; Platinum Owners paid more for their deeds and this benefit was included in the purchase price they paid). This rule is in place to ensure that all owners have the first chance to confirm a reservation during their season of ownership. This rule works well for reservations in January, February, and sometimes as late as April. Owners seeking out of season reservations later in the year are better served to use the services of an exchange company to trade into another season.
- Every owner needs a specific reservation at the resort to make use of their ownership.
- Owners wishing to exchange their reservation with an exchange provider, must first obtain a confirmed reservation from the resort and provide the details of the reservation to their exchange provider. The reservation is the medium of exchange providers. This applies to same year exchange and to owners wishing to bank their usage for a future year. The resort staff have the ability to deposit confirmed reservations directly into an owners Interval International account. Simple answer all of the questions of the reservations form (paper or online versions) and the staff will complete the deposit. Owners may do business with any exchange company of their choosing.
Platinum Season Weeks
Gold Season Weeks
Notice of Authorization
for Non Judicial Foreclosure
If a timeshare owner fails to make timely payments of timeshare plan common expenses, ad valorem taxes, or special assessments, an assessment lien against the timeshare owner’s timeshare interest may be foreclosed in accordance with a judicial foreclosure procedure or a trustee foreclosure procedure, either of which may result in the loss of the timeshare owner’s timeshare interest. If the managing entity initiates a trustee foreclosure procedure, the timeshare owner shall have the option to object pursuant to Florida law, and in such event the managing entity may thereafter proceed only by filing a judicial foreclosure action.