See News about our renovation below!
Please excuse our dust as we update this website.
This site was created and is maintained by your board of directors; input regarding content is welcome. As you browse the site if you think of anything that you wish to see included please e-mail us and we will do our best to address your concerns.
Vacation Villas at FantasyWorld Timeshare Owners Association Inc.
5005 Kyng’s Heath Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746
2017 UPGRADES, RENOVATIONS AND PROPERTY ENHANCEMENTS UNDERWAY!!
As part of the resort’s on-going efforts to improve your vacation experience, we are continuously doing upgrades to our units, amenities and services. This year we have launched installation of higher quality linen and terry, new pool towels, housewares packages and coffee product. As well, major enhancements to property landscaping are on going.
Starting in late summer we will begin interior unit renovations in 46 units, roof replacement and screen enclosure upgrades. This renovation will completely upgrade our guest unit with all new flooring, furniture, fixtures, cabinets and countertops, appliances, paint, window treatments, mattresses and electronics.
We will commence with renovations throughout the property starting August 20, 2017 and completing the renovations on November 19, 2017.
Every effort will be made to minimize impacts on you during your vacation. As such, renovation hours will be between 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and no work on Sundays. During the first hour of each day, workers will minimize noise as much as possible.
We appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding during the renovation process. Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact the front office at 407-396-8530.
Call For Nominations
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Vacation Villas at FantasyWorld Timeshare Owners Association, Inc. (the “Association”) will be held at 11:00 a.m. on September 30, 2017, in the Activities Building second-floor conference room located at 5005 Kyngs Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746. There will be five positions on the Board of Directors to be elected at the meeting. If you are interested in serving as a Board of Director for the Association, please send your candidate summary either by fax to 407-396-6737 or by email to JOrrender@PattonHospitality.com.
All candidate summaries must be received no later than August 21, 2017. Candidate summaries should be no more than 200 words stating your occupation, qualifications, experience and why you would like to serve on the Board of Directors. While it is the policy of the Board of Directors to accept all candidate summaries submitted, the Board reserves the right to reject any candidate summary in accordance with the Bylaws of the Association. The candidate summaries of each candidate selected by the Board will be included in the Annual Meeting materials sent to each owner in advance of the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Florida Statute requirements of every Board member elected or appointed to the Board is as follows:
Within 90 days after being elected or appointed to the Board, each newly elected or appointed director shall certify in writing to the secretary of the association (1) that he or she has read the association’s declaration of condominium, articles of incorporation, bylaws, and current written policies; (2) that he or she will work to uphold such documents and policies to the best of his or her ability; and (3) that he or she will faithfully discharge his or her fiduciary responsibility to the association’s members. In lieu of this written certification, the newly elected or appointed director may submit a certificate of satisfactory completion of the educational curriculum administered by a division-approved condominium education provider. A director who fails to timely file the written certification or educational certificate is suspended from service on the board until he or she complies with the requirement. The board may temporarily fill the vacancy during the period of suspension. The secretary shall cause the association to retain a director’s written certification or educational certificate for inspection by the members for 5 years after a director’s election. Failure to have such written certification or educational certificate on file does not affect the validity of any action.
If you have any questions regarding the candidate process, please contact Julie Orrender at JOrrender@PattonHospitality.com or by phone at 386-627-4469.
Your Board of Directors
What All Owners Should Know About Reservations
- All reservations are confirmed on a first come / first served basis.
- The timeshare owns 205 townhomes.
- The maintenance fee associated with the owner usage must be paid before a reservation can be confirmed.
- Owners may pay an amount equal to the prior years maintenance fee if they want to confirm a reservation before the amount of the maintenance fee is established for the year (late summer or early fall; at the annual meeting). Any difference will be bill when the final amounts are established.
- The first 205 eligible deed owners who request any specific week are assigned a reservation.
- The 206th and all subsequent owners who request a week will be asked for an alternate selection.
- Owners are eligible if they are requesting a reservation within their season of ownership (owners of Platinum deeds requesting Platinum season weeks, or owners of Gold deeds requesting Gold season weeks).
- Owners may request out-of-season reservations 45-days prior to the planned arrival (Gold Owners pay a $175 upgrade fee; Platinum Owners paid more for their deeds and this benefit was included in the purchase price they paid). This rule is in place to ensure that all owners have the first chance to confirm a reservation during their season of ownership. This rule works well for reservations in January, February, and sometimes as late as April. Owners seeking out of season reservations later in the year are better served to use the services of an exchange company to trade into another season.
- Every owner needs a specific reservation at the resort to make use of their ownership.
- Owners wishing to exchange their reservation with an exchange provider, must first obtain a confirmed reservation from the resort and provide the details of the reservation to their exchange provider. The reservation is the medium of exchange providers. This applies to same year exchange and to owners wishing to bank their usage for a future year. The resort staff have the ability to deposit confirmed reservations directly into an owners Interval International account. Simple answer all of the questions of the reservations form (paper or online versions) and the staff will complete the deposit. Owners may do business with any exchange company of their choosing.
Platinum Season Weeks
Gold Season Weeks
Each year our association seeks to conduct business at an annual meeting in the late summer or early fall. The purpose of the meeting is to elect directors from among the timeshare owners, to discuss and approve a budget for the following fiscal year, and to discuss and vote on any issues relating to the operation of our owner controlled timeshare owners association. Our governing documents requires that a quorum of 25% of all timeshare interest owners be present either in person or via proxy in order to conduct business at this meeting.
Regrettably, our association consistenly fails to acheive a quorum at this meeting and therefore no business can be officially conducted. When this occurs, the existing directors terms of service are extended until the next election and the proposed budget is adopted without a vote of the owners.
Owners are encouraged to attend the meeting in person or to send a proxy appointing any adult who will be attending the meeting to vote their interest. Owners are welcome to appoint any current director as their proxy and to include directions to that director regarding how their votes should be cast. All of the current directors have agreed to vote any proxies they are assigned in accordance with that owners wishes.
The next annual meeting is scheduled for Saturday, September 30, 2017, to begin at 1:00 p.m.. The meeting will be held at the resort in the conference center on the second floor of the amenities building.
Notice of Authorization
for Non Judicial Foreclosure
If a timeshare owner fails to make timely payments of timeshare plan common expenses, ad valorem taxes, or special assessments, an assessment lien against the timeshare owner’s timeshare interest may be foreclosed in accordance with a judicial foreclosure procedure or a trustee foreclosure procedure, either of which may result in the loss of the timeshare owner’s timeshare interest. If the managing entity initiates a trustee foreclosure procedure, the timeshare owner shall have the option to object pursuant to Florida law, and in such event the managing entity may thereafter proceed only by filing a judicial foreclosure action.